10 Jun 2010

A Perfect Getaway on DVD now




An apparently naive American couple, Steve (Anderson) and Cydney (Jovovich) are honeymooning in one of the more remote islands on Hawaii decide to follow a remote walking trail with the hope of camping out at an idyllic paradise beach. Along the way they encounter Nick (Olyphant) and Gina (Sanchez) who are much more experienced travelers. All is going well until reports are overheard of the slaughter nearby of honeymooners and soon begin to suspect that their fellow travelers seem to fit the description of the suspects. All this leads to suspicion and distrust in an isolated place where the couples are forced to rely on each other.

Normally I would not have rented this film, its basic premise didn’t really appeal to me but I had read good things about it and thought that I would step outside my usual choices and to be honest I wasn’t that impressed. At the beginning of the film I cringed at the stereotypically xenophobic attitudes displayed by the central couple maybe its because I have traveled that I don’t approach everyone and everything with suspicion and fear (and if its that bad why put yourself through it!).

Later though as the film develops it does become more interesting and there is a twist, which is unexpected although it ultimately makes the film itself less believable. The problem with the twist was that even in private moments the antagonists seemed to be unaware of their actual role in the movie. Maybe it might have been better if I didn’t analyse and think back to earlier scenes in the films but I couldn’t help myself so glaring where the script inaccuracies.

Nicely shot, adequately acted – that’s about all I can say for it.

Director: David Twohy

Cast:

Steve Zahn – Cliff Anderson
Timoth Olyphant – Nick
Milla Jovovich – Cydney Anderson
Kiele Sanchez – Gina

For the official website click here




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Nerve Curve Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template